Your Vaultk® safe is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and comes with a charging kit which includes an AC power adapter and micro-USB cable. Safe and micro-USB can be used with all international power adapters. Under normal usage, a fully charged battery can last several months.
After installing the battery, use the charging kit provided to charge the unit 100%.
How to charge your safe?
1) To recharge the safe, plug the micro-USB into the micro-USB receiving jack located on the right side of the safe and connect to a standard USB port or wall outlet using the AC power adapter. Approximate recharge time is 2.5 hours.
2) The LED next to the receiving jack on the side of the safe will glow RED indicating charging and GREEN indicating charged.
After installing the battery, use the charging kit provided to charge the unit 100
Can I keep the safe plugged in continuously?
Leaving your safe plugged in continually will not harm the safe or battery. However, to preserve battery life we suggest that you unplug occasionally to allow the battery to cycle down.
Your safe can be secured a few different ways. Included is a security cable to attach your safe to larger stationary objects. There are also mounting screws included to secure the safe to a flat surface using the pre-drilled holes on the bottom.
Using the Security Cable
1. Loop the included steel security cable around a secured object.
2. Run the end of the cable through the eye of the other end and pull around the object.
3. Place the end of the security cable inside the fully enclosed quick release cable mount inside your Vaultek safe.
4. Make sure the safe closes with the cable secured inside the quick release cable mount.
Using the Mounting Screws
TIP: Make sure you have enough clearance for the lid to open properly before mounting the safe.
1. Position the safe on a flat surface where you want to mount it.
2. Use a pencil to mark the holes for drilling.
3. Drill pilot holes.
4. Position safe in place and install screws through safe into pilot holes. Tighten screws.
How to get an additional set of keys?
Thank you for choosing Vaultek®. For improved customer support please be sure to register your unit upon receipt for technical assistance and in the event of needing key replacement.
Product numbers are located on the inside of the battery door, as well as printed on the inside of your user manual provided in the original packaging.
Key numbers are etched on the outside of the body, and located on both sides of the key.