How to charge your safe?
1) To recharge the safe, plug the micro-USB into the micro-USB receiving jack located on the right side of the safe and connect to a standard USB port or wall outlet using the AC power adapter. Approximate recharge time is 2.5 hours.
2) The LED next to the receiving jack on the side of the safe will glow RED indicating charging and GREEN indicating charged.
After installing the battery, use the charging kit provided to charge the unit 100
Can I keep the safe plugged in continuously?
Leaving your safe plugged in continually will not harm the safe or battery. However, to preserve battery life we suggest that you unplug occasionally to allow the battery to cycle down.
Your safe can be secured a few different ways. Included is a security cable to attach your safe to larger stationary objects. There are also mounting screws included to secure the safe to a flat surface using the pre-drilled holes on the bottom.
Using the Security Cable
1. Loop the included steel security cable around a secured object.
2. Run the end of the cable through the eye of the other end and pull around the object.
3. Place the end of the security cable inside the fully enclosed quick release cable mount inside your Vaultek safe.
4. Make sure the safe closes with the cable secured inside the quick release cable mount.
Using the Mounting Screws
TIP: Make sure you have enough clearance for the lid to open properly before mounting the safe.
1. Position the safe on a flat surface where you want to mount it.
2. Use a pencil to mark the holes for drilling.
3. Drill pilot holes.
4. Position safe in place and install screws through safe into pilot holes. Tighten screws.