Biometric Programming (Fingerprint Scanner)
The RS500i is equipped with an oversized fingerprint scanner for quick responsive access. You have an available 20 slots to store fingerprints, and the first two programmed prints are the administrative prints. One of the administrative prints is required to authorize programming prints 3-20. View the tutorial video to view the full programming sequence.
How do I program a fingerprint?
Watch the easy to follow tutorial video above.
1) Open the safe. Program the 1st fingerprint by pressing and holding the ‘2’ key and “PROGRAM” button together for 3 seconds until the screen prompts you to scan the 1st of five scans.
TIP: If all keys are blinking RED and the fingerprint crosshairs turn solid RED then refer to the programming fingerprints 3-20 below. An admin print scan is required.
2) Using the “Helpful Programming TIPS” provided below place your finger on the fingerprint scanner for the 1st of five scans. When the LED lights flash green and the safe beeps, remove your finger. The safe will prompt you for your second scan.
3) Place the same finger over the scanner again and when the LED lights flash green and the safe beeps remove your finger. You will repeat this process and continue to scan the same finger for a total of five times to complete enrollment for the first finger.
Helpful Programming Tips
1) Be sure your finger is flat against the scanner (parallel to safe) and your cuticle is over the center of the scanner (this allows the scanner to read where most of the fingerprint details are located).
2) Biometric technology is dependent on our anatomical information, and in some cases different fingers may program better than others. For example, your index finger may not register very well, but your thumb may contain higher detail levels and have a much higher success rate. We suggest to try different fingers including your thumb and see if you have better results.
3) During the 5 scan programming process for each finger, slightly repositioning your finger after each scan will store more information and increase your success rate.
How to program fingerprints 3-20?
The first two fingerprints programmed into the safe are the administrative fingerprints. Any additional users programmed require authorization from one of these fingerprints.
1) Open the safe. Program the additional fingerprints by pressing and holding the ‘2’ and “PROGRAM” button together (3 seconds). The safe LCD screen will ask to scan an admin print first to continue.
2) Place one of the two programmed administrative fingerprints on the scanner and remove when the safe beeps and screen authorizes the print. You can now enroll a NEW fingerprint.
TIP: If the administrative print is left on the scanner too long the safe will begin to program that fingerprint into the safe again and not the NEW fingerprint. If this happens start over with step one.
3) Using the “Helpful Programming TIPS” provided on this page place the NEW finger on the scanner. When the safe beeps and the screen prompts the next scan, remove your finger. Continue scanning the new fingerprint for a total of five scans to complete enrollment.
How to manage prints? (Name, Delete, Disable, Enable)
NAME Individual fingerprints can be named from the Vaultek® WiFi app and WiFi Dashboard at www.dashboard.vaulteksafe.com.
DELETE Individual fingerprints cannot be deleted from the keypad on the safe. Following this procedure will erase ALL the fingerprints including both administrative fingerprints. Individual fingerprints can be deleted from the Vaultek® WiFi app or online dashboard at www.dashboard.vaulteksafe.com.
1) Press and hold the ‘3’ key then the “PROGRAM” button together until the safe beeps and the screen prompts you to enter your master code.
2) Enter your master code on the keypad. If the code is correct, the safe will beep and the screen will indicate deletion of ALL the fingerprints.
DISABLE/ENABLE Individual fingerprints can be disabled/enabled (excluding admin) from the Vaultek® Wi-Fi app or online dashboard at www.dashboard.vaulteksafe.com.
I'm having trouble getting the safe to recognize my fingerprint
First, delete the prints you have programmed in so far, and try again with the tips below:
Delete Tip! Press and hold key ‘3’ followed by the PROGRAM button for 3 seconds, or until the safe prompts you to enter the master code. Enter your master code and the safe will delete all prints and you are ready to start fresh!
1) Biometric technology is dependent on our anatomical information, and in some cases different fingers may program better than others. For example, your index finger may not register very well, but your thumb may contain higher detail levels and have a much higher success rate. We suggest to try different fingers including your thumb and see if you have better results.
2) During the 5 scan programming process for each finger, slightly repositioning your finger after each scan will store more information and increase your success rate.
3) Register the same fingerprint 3 or 4 times. You have an available 20 slots to store prints and this allows the to store more data if your print is not reading well. Note, that adding more than two fingerprints requires authorization from the two administrative prints.