Master Code Programming
The RS500i backlit keypad can have a master code length as short as 4 digits, or as long as 8 digits. View the video tutorial to view the full programming sequence.
How do I program the master code?
Watch the easy to follow tutorial video above.
1) Open the safe. (The default master code is 1-2-3-4 on the keypad)
2) With the safe open, press and hold the ‘1’ key then the “PROGRAM” button together (3 seconds) until LCD screen prompts you to enter your NEW code.
3) Enter your NEW master code.
4) IMMEDIATELY Press and hold the ‘1’ key then the “PROGRAM” button together a second time (3 seconds) until LCD screen prompts you to re-enter your NEW code.
5) Enter your NEW master code a second time.
6) IMMEDIATELY Press and hold the ‘1’ key then the “PROGRAM” button together a third time (3 seconds) until the safe beeps and until LCD screen confirms that the code has been reset.
If you make a mistake and the new code will not work, simply start over with step 2.